GPs and staff at Teldoc will be setting the example and showing that leading a healthy lifestyle is the solution to ill health – not a pill.
To celebrate the first anniversary of the launch of parkrun practice, pledge to parkrun hopes to get 1,000 GPs to take part in a parkrun on 1 June 2019.
Teldoc’s very own Jenny O’Connor, Quality Improvement & Research Facilitator Nurse spoke to Healthy Telford about the event.
Jenny says “We are very proud to be a parkrun practice, the health impact on our patients from those who take part is huge. Parkruns are volunteer-led 5k events that take place each Saturday morning across the UK and are open to walkers, runners and volunteers of all ages and abilities. Across the UK More than 800 GPs have done the same and have now signed up to be a ‘parkrun practice”
You can see the article here – https://healthytelford.com/2019/05/29/gps-staff-teldoc-telford-parkrun-with-patients/
Teldoc is one of 800 parkrun practices in the UK and 608 practices have pledged to take part so far. Come join us by taking part in the Telford Parkrun.
- Raise awareness of parkrun amongst health care staff and patients
- Encourage GPs and GP practice staff to come to parkrun
- Encourage GPs and practice staff to bring a friend/patient to parkrun
- Encourage GP practices to forge long term partnerships with their local parkrun/s through the parkrun practice initiative
- Capture inspirational stories
You can see more info about the Parkrun here and to make a pledge to Parkrun go here.