It is Diabetes Week 2023 12th – 18th June – If you’ve been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, managing your condition is important and if you have type 2 diabetes then adopting a healthy lifestyle and managing your diabetes can help you avoid complications such as amputation, heart disease, and stroke.
Type 1 Diabetes
MyType1 Diabetes is a free online resource that offers tailored advice and information, created by NHS experts and people living with type 1 diabetes.
The programme is designed for adults living with type 1 diabetes, their families or carers, and healthcare professionals. It provides information about type 1 diabetes through videos, articles and accredited online education courses.
MyType1 Diabetes can help you:
- understand more about type 1 diabetes and increase your confidence in how to manage it;
- access content created by other expert organisations
- set achievable goals for your diabetes self-care, and;
- access resources in up to 10 other languages including Polish, Spanish and Urdu.
MyType1 Diabetes is available now. Start using the programme today at www.mytype1diabetes.nhs.uk
Healthy Living for people with type 2 diabetes (or Healthy Living for short) is a free, online NHS service designed to help you learn more about diabetes.
Healthy Living has been clinically proven and can help you improve your health and support you to live well with type 2 diabetes. The service can help you:
- Feel confident in managing type 2 diabetes
- Improve mental wellbeing
- Make and maintain healthy lifestyle choices, and more
The programme is for people over the age of 18, living in England with type 2 diabetes. If you care for someone living with type 2 diabetes, you can sign up too.
Sign up today at healthyliving.nhs.uk